Economic and Racial Justice
- Recognize and redress the legacy of slavery, Jim Crow, and indigenous removal through public advocacy, and take action on projects led by those directly affected. The Linnentown Project is a great example of this.
- Champion living wages for all workers, including those tangled up in the criminal justice system.
- Develop labor programs to support unions and worker-owned cooperatives with a robust infrastructure for workers to understand, exercise, and expand their rights.
- Equip small business owners with the tools to democratize workplaces, improve conditions, and raise wages.
- Stand against ICE with a commitment to security and dignity for all immigrants regardless of status.
- Pass comprehensive anti-discrimination legislation to prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender, and other classes not protected by federal or state law.
- Tie the salaries of public servants to the median income of Athenians so people tasked with governing and managing our community’s resources benefit in direct proportion to the residents who pay them.
Read more about Jesse’s platform.