Transform Public Safety
- Rethink policing as social work.
- Transition to a skilled and unarmed first responder staff trained to de-escalate crisis situations through nonviolent conflict resolution without incentive to arrest.
- Build a compassionate, lasting community safety program with more Crisis Intervention Response Units.
- Eliminate the County’s use of unpaid inmate labor.
- End shoot-to-kill training practices.
- Create community advisory boards to hold public safety departments accountable to the people.
- Decriminalize possession of substances, sex work, and other nonviolent activities.
- Audit public safety departments to ensure the wellbeing of people incarcerated or under supervision.
- Ensure scrutinous oversight of EMS and other services for accountability to agreed upon standards.
- Reduce surveillance infrastructure and eliminate militarized weaponry from public safety departments.
Read more about Jesse’s platform.